The UAE is serviced by two telecommunications operators, Etisalat and du. Etisalat operated a monopoly until du launched in February 2007. However, Etisalat, with over 80 per cent of the market, remains the UAE's biggest telecom provider and is expanding dramatically internationally. Du was originally established to operate in the free trade zones which remain its main area of strength. Both companies are largely government owned and as a result there is much criticism over the extent of competition between the two companies.
Internet Censorship and VoIPRead More
Datacentres and Sub-markets
- Its all a matter of perspectives: colocation oversupply or surging demand?!
- Telehouse secure land to expand Docklands campus
- UK Wholesale data centre market opens opportunities for colocation users
- CBRE Q2 European Data Centre Viewpoint – including guest column by Colo-X on colocation pricing in the UK
- Dublin’s Web Summit October 2011