IFL, or Internet Facilitators, the Manchester based colocation provider has announced their long awaited new facility for the Manchester market will be built close to the massive Media City development taking place in Salford Quays. The new data centre will offer some 22,000 sq ft of Tier 3 space at an average of 4.5kW per rack footprint and is set to open in Q2 2011. A further 17,000 sq ft of office accommodation will also be built, some of which will be available as serviced offices.
The Media City development is across some 200 acres of waterfront land and includes the new 130,000 sq ft BBC Centre, housing BBC NorthWest and a number of BBC departments relocating from London.
IFL were acquired by managed services provider Attenda in 2007.
- Its all a matter of perspectives: colocation oversupply or surging demand?!
- Telehouse secure land to expand Docklands campus
- UK Wholesale data centre market opens opportunities for colocation users
- CBRE Q2 European Data Centre Viewpoint – including guest column by Colo-X on colocation pricing in the UK
- Dublin’s Web Summit October 2011